Author: Krista Flack, MS OTR/L
Back to School will be here before you know it, but it’s not too late to participate in some of the summer reading programs going on!
The Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program is here to help you on your way, encouraging you to read books of your own choosing and earn a FREE book, simply by following these three easy steps:
- Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal (English or Español). Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why.
- Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 16th and September 5th, 2017. Find a Store (there are stores on Hilton Head and in Savannah).
- Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
The Beaufort County Library also has a summer reading program, but hurry, because this one ends soon!
- Visit your local Beaufort County Library branch to register.
- Read books -- to earn points -- to win prizes! Earn points to receive your reading medal, certificate, and entry for a grand prize! (Tip: Attend library events to earn bonus points!)
- Return your reading log to your library to receive your prizes!
It’s not too late to join in on some of the online reading programs as well! Scholastic invites you to join the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge by grabbing your favorite books, logging your reading minutes, and most importantly, having fun all summer long! Their website has book lists for all ages, and a sweepstakes to win cool prizes!