LTC Winter Olympics!
LTC Winter Olympics
With the Winter Special Olympics right around the corner we thought it would be fun to create our own winter Olympics right here at LTC!! The LTC Olympics will run from 3/14 to 3/25. Compete in all 9 events to win a great prize! Below is the list of events!
- Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get ready it’s bobsled time!!! Use your feet to go as fast as you can on a “scooter board bobsled” through the track!
2. Cross Country Skiing
- Complete a series of scissor jacks in order to cross the frozen tundra!
3. Speed Skating
- Quickly skate around the track and put the Olympic Event into the correct category!
- Be the first one to the finish line by laying down on your belly and propelling your “Scooter board luge” with your arms!
5. Figure Skating
- Skate through your “figure 8” routine without stepping off the line in order to receive a perfect 10!
6. Half Pipe
- Board back and forth through the half pipe (or in this case jump back and forth over the rope)! Each time you get to the side you will have to name 5 items in a category!
- Standing on the start space (dyna disc, airex, bosu, etc), you have to throw bean bags into the hula hoop without falling off!
8. Ice Hockey
- Using a straw, either push or blow a cotton ball into the net! See how many goals you can score in 30 seconds!
9. Thrill of Victory and Agony of Defeat
- Look at pictures of athletes who have won or lost an event. Then describe how the athlete might be feeling!
-Matthew D’Antonio, DPT, PT
-Pediatric Physical Therapist